Difference Between Clearing App Cache and App Data
What do we do when our phone misbehaves, hangs or doesn’t work properly? We clear its Cache which deletes all the unwanted files from our phone. And it also makes up space on the phone. In short, we do everything to clear up space to enhance the performance of the phone.
But, people often remain confused about the difference between clearing application cache and Application data. These both are totally different from each other.
In this article, we will be discussing various topics regarding the difference between clearing App cache and app data like how to clear the cache on Android and on iPhone and many more. After reading this article, you will be definitely going to clear all your doubts regarding these both terms.
- 1 What is the Application cache?
- 2 What is Application Data?
- 3 Difference between clearing app cache and app data.
- 4 What happens when you clear cached data?
- 5 How to find a clear app or cached data android Apps?
- 6 How to clear system cache android?
- 7 How to clear App data on iPhone?
- 8 How to clear the cache on iPhone?
- 9 How to clear app cache on the iPhone?
- 10 Frequently asked questions
- 11 Conclusion
What is the Application cache?
The cache is temporary storage which gets used when the app is running.
Or in other words, we can say that app cache data is information that appears from an app that is stored on your smartphone or tablet.
For example– Pictures on a web page you visited are stored in a browser cache so that when you review the page next time, the similar images don’t have to be reloaded fresh.
What is Application Data?
App data is the data that is collected and stored (often unnecessarily) on your device when you use specific apps.
For example– When you open the googledrive app, you use your email id and several other information which is called data. The video you download is all stored which is again called data. This will be called application data (here, Google drive data).
Difference between clearing app cache and app data.
Clearing app cache
Generally, Android can easily manipulate Cache data on its own but if an app starts to behave badly, then you may want to manually do this step.
For example- If some apps are not working properly, say Google drive. If you clear it’s cache data it will enhance the working of the App.
Clearing app data
When you Clear App Data, all your application settings, appreciations, saved files will be lost. This will result in the app being revived to default mode.
So, take the example of the Google drive app. If you go to the settings and delete its data, all your information which includes your account will be deleted.
What happens when you clear cached data?
- If you face the app stopped notification or unfortunately stopped option then use Clear the data option that is helpful for running this type of app.
- Sometimes you also see the Android message on your device “running space out“. In this time you use the Clear Cache the data it helpful
- It saves storage on your phone.
- It enhances the performance of the phone.
- The device tends to run fast. and many more.
How to find a clear app or cached data android Apps?
The process is different for different device and dependable on the operating system, but for the most device are same, the steps as below
- Go to your Settings.
- Just scroll down you can show the App Manager.
- Tap on that which you wish to cache the data or clear the data.
- Then open a new window, now tap either the clear cache or clear data, depending on your wish which is necessary.
How to clear system cache android?
Go to the Settings, hit the Storage option and you’ll be able to see how much memory is being used in different applications. To delete the data:
Hit Cached Data, and tap ‘Okay’ if there’s a verification box to complete the process. Some Example
Clear cache android Pie and Oreo
Tap on the settings → go to the storage option → tap the application of which cache you want to delete. There will be two options seen- clear app cache and clear app data. Tap on clear app cache. That’s it!
How to Clear cache Samsung S8& S9 Device?
- Go to your Settings.
- Unlock Device Maintenance.
- Hit on Storage.
- You’ll see a rundown of which categories of data are taking up the maximum space.
- You can hit on particular items to delete things in that classification.
- Then select ‘Clean now’ to free up the quantity of space implied on the button.
- This process only cleans cached, provisional, and trashed data.
- User data like photos, music, videos, and apps are protected.
Visit more to Know:- https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/
Android Clear app Cache programmatically. If you are looking to delete the cache of your own application then totally remove your cache directory and that’s all.
How to clear App data on iPhone?
- Hit Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.
- In the top category i.e., storage hit Manage Storage.
- Choose an app that has a lot of space.
- Take a look at the Documents & Data. If this is taking up more space, it’s worth deleting and reinstalling the app to vacate the space.
- Tap Delete App, then go to the App Store to re-download it. This will be a clean install without all the data and the files.
How to clear the cache on iPhone?
- Go to the “Settings” option on your iPhone. Search for the option ‘Safari logo’.
- Hit on the Safari logo and you will be instructed to a new list view ‘show settings for Safari’.
- Roll down and you will find an option that is ‘Clear History and Website Data’ Hit on this option.
- Performing the above steps will clear the cache on an iPhone that is browsing history, all the data from different websites and cookies.
How to clear app cache on the iPhone?
Although there are many apps that are helpful in clearing overall app cache Productive means of cleaning the app cache is to use a third-party iOS app such as Ciѕdеm iPhone leaner.
As it is considered as the best iPhone app cache cleaner.
- Download and install the Ciѕdеm iPhоnеClеаnеr.
- Connect your device with a USB cable.
- Launch Ciѕdеm iPhоnеClеаnеr.
- Select ‘, Device Manager’.
- Gо tо ‘Aрр Clеаnеr’, cliсk ‘Scano tо find арр сасhе, сооkiеѕ, junk filеѕ, аnd оthеr files.
- Ciѕdеm iPhоnеClеаnеr will then display the rеsults to be reduced or eliminated аftеr ѕсаnning.
- Select which cache cookies or files to be removed or simply remove all.
This was all about how to clear app cache and app data on the iPhone.
Frequently asked questions
Some of the common questions asked on clearing data and cache on different apps.
Will clearing cache delete pictures?
Will clearing data delete my text messages?
Will clearing cache data delete messages?
What happens when I clear data on messenger?
Is it ok to clear cached data?
What happens if I clear data on Kik?
What does clearing your cache do on TikTok?
What happens if I clear data on the Facebook app?
What happens if I clear data on messenger?
When any of your apps don’t work or misbehaves you first try to google it to find suitable solutions for that. You might have seen that whenever you search for the same issue you always find the same solution every time that ‘clear your app cache and data’.
Whether this works, or not?
In this article, we went through a brief analysis of the difference between clearing app cache and app data. We went through various methods on how to clear app cache and data on iPhone and Android, on various apps like Facebook, Messenger, Kik, TikTok, etc.
Not only this, clearing cache and benefits of it are also seen on various devices.
The main difference between clearing app cache and app data is that clearing cache doesn’t lose any data whereas clearing data may lose your account information including email ID and other basic data. Therefore you need to save all your information before performing this action.
Clearing cache will speed up your phone’s speed and after clearing cache and data, functions like downloading videos and files can be very much easy and can be easily stored without asking you to free up space.
I hope this article clears all your doubts on app cache and data and the difference between clearing app cache and app data.